So I tried this Inverness Diamonds and I think I needed to repeat the pattern more than just the once. Here is my first attempt with the Acrylic yarn.
I am sure I have said it before, but I don't like this kind. It seemed to stick to it's self and that made the pattern harder for me. However, I do like that you can see the diamonds in the acrylic. I liked working it with the wool better, but as you can see I ended up with a very ragged edge. I am starting to practice the edge stitch so hopefully that will make a neater edge. The pattern also looks more like an X to me in the wool.
I really like the way this pattern looks and plan to use it to make a doll blanket.
Follow your craft,