Sunday, April 15, 2012

M is for Moss Stitch

Learning moss stitch was lovely. Knit one Purl one back and forth was almost like a meditation once I got the hang of flipping the yarn. I really love how the finished product looks.


It is very heavy and seems manly to me. I think if I had the patients to knit it into a blanket it would be great for my son. He sleeps better with a weighted blanket. We don't have one of the ones that are specifically made to be weighted, but he likes a comforter and a quilt on top. Not sure exactly how to make the blanket. Should I sew it with a sewing machine or do you weave it together? I guess research is in my future.

Follow your craft,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I love the color of that yarn. This is such a nice stitch it looks like it would make a warm snuggly blankie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty green yarn! And I love the stitch too!

    ReplyDelete