Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bored and Kinky Knitting

So now I can knit, not well mind you. If all the dropped stitches were on the floor I would certainly trip over them. Luckily for me, and hubby, it just makes a huge hole in the project and not a navigation hazard on the floor. I got through 4 whole rows without dropping a stitch and was wondering what I should do next. I was kinda getting bored. Of course I could have just went back to TLC and looked for the "Binding Off" page, but no. I had some 1/8 inch elastic and a twisty tie lying on the table next to me. I am sure everyone knows that several rows of unbound knitting + elastic + a twisty tie =






You got it a Scrunchi. What you didn't see that coming? Well, I guess that is a brand name, so it is a Knitie. Still working on the name. I am very sure it would have taken me a lot less time to figure out how to bind off, but I am also sure this was WAY more fun. The best part my Daughter thinks I did it just for her and is supper happy with it. How can you beat that?


Knitie in progress

Please note the twisty tie


That covers the bored, but I can hear you asking "What about the kinky knitting?" I start again this time intending to Cast on, knit a few rows then practice binding off. I am knitting and watching TV so I asked hubby to please print the instructions for biding off. Shortly after I realize that the working string, attached to the ball, is getting tighter and tighter. I tugged a little thinking it was stuck on something, but it wasn't. I looked down and I had knotted my hand in the thing. I tried to get it out, but was not successful. I finally cut it off, the knot not my hand, and this is what I got.


A kinky knotted mess

Because I know you all wanted to get closer to that kinky mess


Even after cutting it off the needles so I could slip the end in and out it still wouldn't come free

I am not sure what I did, but I am thinking it is probably not common to knit your self to your project twice in 3 days. So I am above average, right.? OK, you can stop laughing now.

Follow your craft,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment