Sunday, January 23, 2011

Knitting All The Do Da Day

Knitting ladies sing this song, Doo-dah! doo-dah!
Knit, down the road, all day long, Oh, doo-dah day!


Today I knitted a lot of the day. I would say I got in a good 4 hours. Dearan drove and I knitted for an hour. Just as a PSA: Swerving and sudden stops + knitting = potential for car sickness. Then 3 hours of knitting and gabbing at Mom's Night Out. My hands are a little sore, but not as much as when I first started. Of course, I have relaxed the death grip I was using on the yarn and I'm sure that helped. I am kinda disappointed at how little I got done. I am also disappointed that even though I am only doing a simple pattern I keep messing up. I mean really, how hard is it to knit 2 rows then purl 2 rows and start over. I have a few rows being quite antisocial,  just hanging out on their own and some that defected and have 3 rows together. A few people have said that is OK and it is how you know it was made by a person and not a machine. I guess that is true, or at least it sounds good so I am going with it.

What I had done

Here is what I have done now

Defecting rows :-(





OK, now that I put them side by side I guess I am less disappointed. I have only been doing this for 18 days, so I guess I am going pretty good. :-) You know what they say, "You will never get there unless you start walking."

Follow your craft,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment