Thursday, January 13, 2011

Knit One Purl One

OK so I can knit. I can cast on and do the knit stitch. So I am moving on to the purl. I read the instructions and it is the knit stitch backwards. The needles go in front and you turn it the opposite way. So I think "Great I can do that". Now I am sitting here after working a row wondering why is it so hard to do the same steps in the other direction. I couldn't get the needles in on the front side. SO I started slipping it in the back and rotating it to the front. It worked, it came out and looks cool, but I still need to work on it because I don't think you are supposed to do that.

I have an official project. I am making a scarf. Really, you didn't see that one coming? Gwen asked me to make her one so here I go. Knitting a row then purling a row just to practice. Not sure how long a scarf is supposed to be, there isn't much call for them here, but will let you know how it turns out.


Follow your craft

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment